Semi Senior Accounts Professional – based in Nottingham, Full time
Your new role
Are you looking to progress your career in accountancy? Our client, Mellor Oxland, is looking to recruit a Semi Senior Accounts Professional to join their team in Nottingham.
Acting for clients throughout the UK, Mellor Oxland provide advisory and compliance services to private clients, businesses, and trustees; offering a rounded and complete approach to their client’s tax and accountancy requirements, whether they are running a business or looking for assistance in managing their personal tax affairs.
If you are AAT qualified (or equivalent) or part ACCA qualified, then this role could be for you.
What you’ll do
You will be working as part of a small team, and you will be responsible for:
- Processing of monthly payrolls including auto-enrolment pensions
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Preparing company secretarial forms for Companies House
- Assisting with accounts preparation for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies including books of prime entry, bank reconciliations and analysis work
- Assisting with general client administration as required
The successful candidate will be willing to undertake further study as required and have the ability to learn further on the job whilst undertaking a variety of duties.
What you’ll need to succeed
Previous experience in accounts preparation
- AAT qualified – full or part (or equivalent)
- High degree of numeracy
- IT literate with a good level of knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Appreciation of working to deadlines and budgets
- High level of accuracy
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Team player who shows initiative
What’s in it for you…
- Competitive salary
- Study support to complete qualification.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Flexible working (mixture of office and home working will be considered)
- Subsidised on street parking.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, please send your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com
Hello People Solutions, are Human Resource Consultants for this client and act as an internal HR contact. We are not a recruitment agency.