A fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing HR Consultancy business!
Hours: Full time, 36.5 hours a week (finish at 4pm on Friday)
Location: Ilkeston, Derbyshire with flexibility to WFH
Starting Salary: £25,000 to £28,000 plus bonus
Do you want to work in a business where your voice matters, do you want to have the exposure to a variety of HR employment related challenges, do you want to be part of a fun, dynamic, easy going team, who is looking for an excellent opportunity to kickstart your HR Career and with a keen interest in employee relations and most importantly, do you like coffee 🙂 if the answer is ‘yes’ we would love to say ‘Hello’.
Who we are
We are a well-established, leading HR consultancy business based in the Toll Bar House Business Centre in Ilkeston, Derbyshire (in the heart of the East Midlands) and we have a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated and enthusiastic Junior HR Advisor with knack in employee relations, to join our team. This role offers invaluable experience and the chance to learn from experienced HR professionals whilst making a meaningful impact on our clients’ HR Strategies.
Our clients value our practical, commercial approach to HR and trust us to be their trusted advisors. The great thing about HR Consultancy is no two days are the same, our clients are all at different stages of their HR journey
What you’ll do
Working as part of a collaborative team, your role will be an integral part to ensure the operations of HR are handled smoothly, efficiently and professionally.
- Maintaining our clients HR system (BreatheHR) ensuring data is correct, probationary periods are completed and right to work checks are in order and verified.
- Producing monthly management information / operational reports for our clients.
- Working in conjunction with the team to manage the shared HR inbox, responding to email enquiries from clients, using your initiative where necessary.
- Assisting the HR Consultants to ensure the exceptional service is provided to our clients.
- Creating template letters, forms, new policies and procedures for use with our existing clients.
- Undertaking HR project work as instructed by the HR Consultants and ensuring the advice we give is accurate and best serves the client.
- To be the main point of contact for third party benefit and payroll providers ensuring employees receive all the relevant information.
- To be the main point of contact for employee enquiries.
- Carry out flexible working requests and maternity review meetings with employees.
- Supporting our HR Advisor (as and when required) with end to end recruitment and selection requirements. This could include creating job descriptions, arranging interviews, advertising via job boards
- Coordinating the new starters and leaver processes on behalf of clients – this includes offer letters, contracts of employment, right to work checks. End to end onboarding and off boarding.
- Supporting HR Consultants with pay review process, benchmarking where necessary
- Assist in providing guidance and support on employee relations matters, ensuring compliance with employment legislation and best practices.
- Support with the management of employee relations cases, investigations, including disciplinary, grievance, performance management and absence management. This could involve in participating in investigations, interviews and meetings
- Working closely with the HR Consultant to develop effective strategies for enhancing employee engagement, communication, and conflict resolution.
- Stay up to date with relevant employment laws and regulations, sharing any changes and their potential impact with the team and clients.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures to support our clients’ organisational goals and values.
What you’ll need to succeed
We are looking for someone with a ‘can do’ attitude, professional and able to build relationships easily (either over the phone or face to face). Ideally, you should have:
- Level 3 CIPD or equivalent as well as evidence of continuous professional development.
- Understanding of HR processes, with the ability to put new processes in place and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong administration, organisational and communication skills and a desire to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience working in HR Administration.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office (Outlook, work, excel, PowerPoint)
- You must be able to work with minimal supervision and manage your own workload but above all you will need to be ‘a doer’.
What’s in it for you…
Our approach is simple – we love what we do, and we do what we love, providing first class solutions. Putting our people and clients at the centre of our why. That’s why we offer things like:
- Starting salary of £25,000 per year , support towards CIPD Level 5 may be considered
- Bonus structure
- Open holidays – yes, you read that correctly! As much holiday as you like (we will explain)
- No dress code – “dress for your day”
- Onsite parking
- Lots of costa coffee 😊
Do you fit?
Our values are at the heart of what we do at Hello People Solutions and it is important we recruit like-minded individuals into our team.
Keeping it Simple No jargon, keeping it simple, stupid
Make something better, today We are passionate, we love tough problems and new challenges, when faced with a hurdle, we jump.
Play for each other We are a team. That means we show up for each other, and act with empathy, integrity and most importantly we are honest!
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, please click on this link to apply : Click here to apply