Your new role
Our client, HSKS Greenhalgh, is looking to recruit an Accounts Technician to work in their Derby office, with some occasional travel to other office locations.
HSKS Greenhalgh are a Midlands based independent firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors who specialise in working with high-net worth individuals, entrepreneurs, and growing owner-managed businesses.
What you’ll do
You will take responsibility for the delivery of the preparation of accounts from start to review stages, with wider bookkeeping, VAT, and general practice service provision to a varied client base along side this. You will be supported through further studies and encouraged to develop your career with increasing responsibility on offer as you progress within this firm and role.
The successful candidate will be either qualified AAT or willing to study towards AAT Level 4, and have the ability to learn on the job whilst undertaking a variety of duties including:
- Preparation of year end accounts including tax computations (from sole traders to limited companies).
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns.
- Preparation and completion of monthly/quarterly management accounts.
- admin work including organising and filing of client records & paperwork.
- Helping other team members and giving advice.
- Management of own workload.
- Using computerised accounting systems (including, Sage, Xero and Quickbooks
What you’ll need to succeed
At least 2 years of experience in accounts preparation and bookkeeping
- AAT qualified, or working towards AAT level 4
- High degree of numeracy an problem solving skills
- IT literate with a good level of knowledge with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Appreciation of working to deadlines and budgets
- High level of accuracy
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible approach to work
What is on offer
Salary will be competitive and dependent on the background experience and the level of the right professional, plus:
- 24 days holiday
- 36.25 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Flexible working
- a day off for your birthday
- Life Assurance x2
- Study support where necessary
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, please email a copy of your CV, along with a cover letter, to email@example.com
Hello People Solutions are Human Resource Consultants for this client and act as an internal HR contact. We are not a recruitment agency.
https://hellopeoplesolutions.com/vacancies/ – for further information on what we do with your data.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE