Your new role
Are you looking for your next role in HR? Our client, Ellis-Fermor & Negus Solicitors, is looking to recruit a part time HR Manager. The role is working 3 days a week with travel to their offices in Beeston, Ripley, Long Eaton and Belper.
Ellis-Fermor & Negus Solicitors are passionate about providing all their clients, businesses, charities and individuals with high quality legal solutions.
What you’ll do
This is a standalone role working in partnership with employees at all levels of the business and covering all aspects of HR. This is a new role within the business and will involve setting up the HR function.
The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day HR across the business, supporting employees and line managers. Some of the key responsibilities will be recruitment of support and administration roles, new starters process, all HR administration including liaising with payroll and the leaver process. Along with absence, performance management and all employee relations within the business. You will need to ensure the highest level of confidentiality at all times while dealing with employee and client information.
As this is a new role within the business the ideal candidate will have previous experience of developing and implementing policies and procedures and setting up new processes within HR.
The role will also involve overseeing training and development, while it won’t involve formal delivery of training there will be a requirement to coach line managers as and when needed.
The business is currently in the process of implementing a HR system and the role will involve taking the lead on the project and successfully implementing it across the business.
What you’ll need to succeed
- CIPD qualified (or working towards it) as well as evidence of continuous professional development
- Demonstrable track record within a professional HR environment delivering generalist HR advice;
- Track record of keeping up to date with UK employment law and implementing any changes of legislation to HR policies and procedures;
- Ability to build excellent relationships across multiple office locations;
- Experience in setting up HR policies and procedures;
- Demonstrate a proactive and forward-thinking attitude with the ability to spot future challenges and take appropriate action;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the confidence to work independently;
- Previous advisory role within a Professional Services environment would be desired but not essential;
- PC literate, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HR databases;
- Above all, you’ll need to be ‘a doer’.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, please send your CV together with a cover letter stating salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello People Solutions are Human Resource Consultants for this client and act as an internal HR contact. We are not a recruitment agency.
https://hellopeoplesolutions.com/vacancies/ – for further information on what we do with your data.