A fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing HR Consultancy business!
Hours: Full time, 36.5 hours a week (finish at 4pm on Friday)
Location: Ilkeston, Derbyshire with flexibility to WFH
Do you want to work in a business where your voice matters, Do you want to have the exposure to a variety of HR employment related challenges, Do you want to be part of a fun, dynamic, easy going team and most and most importantly, Do you like coffee 🙂 if the answer is ‘yes’ we would love to say ‘Hello’.
Who we are
We are a well-established, growing outsourced HR Consultancy business based in the Toll Bar House Business Centre in Ilkeston, Derbyshire and we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, forward thinking, HR Advisor / HR Consultant to join the team. We are small enough to care and with big ambitions to be the go-to outsourced HR provider for small businesses, in the East Midlands.
Our clients value our practical, commercial approach to HR and trust us to be their trusted advisors. The great thing about HR Consultancy is no two days are the same, our clients are all at different stages of their HR journey.
What you’ll do
The main purpose of the role is to deliver a professional, commercially focused HR advisory support service to a growing number of SME and corporate clients. Your role will be to listen, understand the clients business and respond in a purposeful way, sometimes with the support of other experts from the wider team. We pride ourselves on offering a personal, tailored service to our clients and we aim for our clients to speak to the same person every time they contact us, allowing you the opportunity to build a long-standing relationship.
You will be responsible for the account management of assigned clients and oversee the delivery of all Hello People Solutions services for those clients, bringing in other members of the team where their skillset is better suited. There is an expectation that the consultant will proactively see to bring in new business and to support our planned growth.
Reporting directly to the MD, you will also have exposure and be a key player in the strategic business planning of Hello People Solutions. You will also have the opportunity to attend networking events as an HR expert representing Hello People Solutions and you will be working with a high degree of autonomy to meet our high expectations.
Providing both strategic and operational HR support and advice (onsite and remotely), you will:
- take the lead and be managing high level, contentious employee relations issues such as dismissals, settlement agreement conversations and negotiations, TUPE consultations, redundancy processes and independent investigations. You will also manage disciplinary, grievances and appeal meetings.
- Working alongside business owners, to develop their people strategy, devise solutions to deal with skills gap, training needs and develop (HR / employment law) training workshops
- Account management of clients on your portfolio and taking care of their needs, through regular contact, quarterly usage reports and sharing information on our full services.
- Liaising with external stakeholders such as employment solicitors, benefits providers, payroll bureaus or recruitment agencies to provide the most appropriate, pro-active solutions for our clients where we are unable to do so ourselves.
- Supporting colleagues with delegated work from their projects and clients and taking advantage of the range of skills within the team to draw in their expertise for your clients when needed.
- Provide all round expert HR and employment law advice and support for recruitment, reward, management and retention of employees (on behalf of clients)
- Driving sales through effective account management and proactive engagement with external contacts through social media
What you’ll need to succeed
Having an open mind to provide the best solution for each business, you will be supportive, passionate and have a strong commercial / business acumen to speak to clients at all levels.
You will be an independent, enthusiastic HR generalise with a strong HR Advisor background with significant previous experience of working with small businesses. You will have a commercial approach to all aspects of HR, a level head and unrivalled communication skills.
This can be a fast-paced role so the ability to manage a diverse client base, prioritise your work and meet tight deadlines is essential.
You should be CIPD qualified to, minimum Level 5, and be able to demonstrate an understand of the key issues facing small businesses. As onsite support is required, you must hold a current UK driving licence and have the ability to work flexibly.
What’s in it for you…
Our approach is simple – we love what we do, and we do what we love, providing first class solutions. Putting our people and clients at the centre of our why. That’s why we offer things like:
- Competitive salary and Bonus structure
- Open holidays – yes, you read that correctly! As much holiday as you like (we will explain)
- No dress code – “dress for your day”
- Onsite parking
- Lots of costa coffee / fat Fridays
Do you fit?
Our values are at the heart of what we do at Hello People Solutions and it is important we recruit like-minded individuals into our team.
Keeping it Simple No jargon, keeping it simple, stupid
Make something better, today We are passionate, we love tough problems and new challenges, when faced with a hurdle, we jump.
Play for each other We are a team. That means we show up for each other, and act with empathy, integrity and most importantly we are honest!
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, please send us an email outlining your experience to email@example.com