HR Assistant, Full time
Base salary: £23,500 plus bonus and sponsorship towards CIPD level 5
Who we are
We are a dynamic HR Consultancy business based in Ilkeston, Derbyshire, providing HR and employment support to SMEs covering multiple industries.
We are building a modern workplace, and we always believe in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to when you work, where you work, and how often you holiday (we have open holiday).
We are on the lookout for an experienced generalist HR Assistant to support the MD with all things HR.
What you’ll do
As a member of the Hello People Solutions team, you will be delivering first class HR solutions to a variety of small businesses. HR offers variety and challenges, and this role is no different, it will definitely keep you on your toes!
Reporting directly to the MD, you will have exposure to development and progression opportunities and be part of the ongoing success of the business.
Key Responsibilities (General HR)
- To support the full employee life-cycle, including managing the onboarding process, induction, probationary reviews, leavers on behalf of clients.
- Offer practical advice and guidance to clients and to be come a first point of contact for HR, employment and employee relations enquiries.
- Drafting letters, contracts of employment, employee handbooks on behalf of clients
- Coordinate and support all HR and procedural activities, including scheduling reviews and appraisals, taking meeting notes and minutes, and generating outcome letters
- To maintain and manage the internal HR system, including completing attendance management checks, and extracting & interpreting information for Operational reports
- Maintaining our clients HR system (BreatheHR and CharlieHR) ensuring data is correct, probationary periods are completed and right to work checks are in order and verified
- Producing monthly management information / operational reports for our clients.
- Managing the shared HR inbox, responding to email enquiries from clients, using your initiative where necessary.
- Assisting the MD to ensure the exceptional service is provided to our clients.
- Creating template letters, forms, new policies and procedures for use with our existing clients.
- Undertaking HR project work as instructed by the MD ensuring the advice, we give is accurate and best serves the client.
- To be the main point of contact for third party benefit providers, ensuring employees receive all the relevant information.
- Support the MD with employee relations issues, including carrying out the initial investigation to note taking during disciplinary/grievance hearings.
Key Responsibilities (Recruitment)
- Supporting clients with their recruitment and selection – including creating adverts, placing adverts, monitoring applications
- Populating job descriptions
- Managing LinkedIn recruiter account and job board accounts
- Liaising and supporting candidates with the interview process
- Arranging interviews, drafting offer paperwork, including offer letters and contracts and making offers to successful candidates
Key Responsibilities (fun stuff)
- Researching HR and Employment Law topics – creating the go to space for our clients
- Preparing blogs and articles for newsletters on HR topics
- Help to maintain content on the website and social media
- Support the MD with webinars
What you’ll need to succeed
We are looking for someone with a ‘can do’ attitude, professional and able to build relationships easily (either over the phone or face to face). Ideally, you should have:
- Level 3 CIPD or equivalent as well as evidence of continuous professional development.
- Understanding of HR processes, with the ability to put new processes in place and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong administration, organisational and communication skills and a desire to deliver outstanding customer service
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years experience working in HR Administration
- Knowledge of Microsoft office (Outlook, work, excel, PowerPoint)
- You must be able to work with minimal supervision and manage your own workload but above all you will need to be ‘a doer’.
What’s in it for you…
Our approach is simple – we love what we do, and we do what we love, providing first class solutions. Putting our people and clients at the centre of our why. That’s why we offer things like:
- Base salary to £23,500 per year (with support towards CIPD Level 5)
- Bonus structure
- Open holidays – yes, you read that correctly! As much holiday as you like (we will explain)
- No dress code – “dress for your day”
- Onsite parking
- Lots of costa coffee 😊
- Cakes… fat Fridays
Do you fit?
Our values are at the heart of what we do at Hello People Solutions and it is important we recruit like-minded individuals into our team.
Keeping it Simple
– No jargon, keeping it simple, stupid
Make something better, today
– We are passionate, we love tough problems and new challenges, when faced with a hurdle, we jump.
Play for each other
– We are a team. That means we show up for each other, and act with empathy and integrity
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org